A podcast with unique stories from the Kingdom of God, told by the people Compelled to live for Him.
We relish in our freedom as ambassadors of Christ to share stories of God’s people carrying out His mission in our world.
The common thread uniting all of our podcast guests? They live for the One who died for them.
“For the love of Christ compels us, since we have reached this conclusion: If one died for all, then all died. And he died for all so that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for the one who died for them and was raised.” – 2 Corinthians 5:14-15
Why Another Christian Podcast?
Today, it’s possible to find a Christian podcast on almost any topic from almost any point of view. Expository preaching, topical sermons, teaching, current events, worldview training, apologetics, theological discussions, and so much more.
But we noticed that it was difficult to find a Christian podcast that focused on telling stories of God’s redemptive work in the life of Christians. There was a void.
Jesus was a master storyteller and spoke frequently through stories. The Bible is full of real-life events told through narrative. Clearly, if the God of the universe saw fit to teach through the medium of stories, then it was worth trying to fill this void in the Christian podcast space.
So that’s why we started Compelled.
Guests on our podcast encompass Christians from all walks of life, including:
- A mother who found meaning and purpose after being falsely sentenced to life in prison (listen to our interview with Hannah Overton)
- An Army officer at the Pentagon during 9/11 who was engulfed in flames and forced to reckon with eternity (listen to our interview with Brian Birdwell)
- A missionary to the Philippines who found forgiveness after being kidnapped and held hostage by terrorists for over a year (listen to our interview with Gracia Burnham)
- A NFL Super Bowl Champion who had every earthly treasure but was spiritually bankrupt and in desperate need of a Savior (listen to our interview with Bruce Collie)
- A Christian attorney in Communist Romania who came face-to-face with an assassin sent to kill her for defending Christians in court (listen to our interview with Virginia Prodan)
And many more…
Want to Suggest a Guest for Compelled?
Here’s a little more helpful context about Compelled as you think of guests you might want to send our way.
- All of our episodes are story-based. The guest has to have an incredible story of how God has shaped or transformed their life that can fill at least a 40 minute segment.
- Our team spends 40+ hours creating every single episode. We use professional editing, sound effects, music, and voice-over narration. Accordingly, we are very choosy before we accept a guest since creating a single episode is such a time-intensive process for us. The story has to knock our socks off!
- All of our interviews are recorded in person. The guest either needs to travel to our studio in Austin, Texas or we can add them to our nationwide database and the next time we’re traveling through that part of the nation we may give them a shout about setting up an interview at their location.
- The guest must be theologically compatible with our podcast. Our audience is made of passionate Evangelical Christians. We believe that the Bible is written by God, without error, and is the authoritative voice over every aspect of life including sexual orientation, the sanctity of life, personal finances, racial relationships, and the role of suffering. We believe that Jesus is the only Son of God and is the only way to Heaven. All other religious paths lead to eternity separated apart from God.
Do you know of a guest who might be a good fit? Let us know!
Our Production Team
Host/Producer: Paul Hastings is an entrepreneur and has consulted extensively in the film, marketing, and political arenas. He, his wife Sarah, and their 3 children live near Austin, Texas and attend Redemption Hill Church. His work has been featured by Dr. James Dobson’s Family Talk, World Magazine, American Family Association, The Gospel Coalition, and TheBlaze.
Assistant Producer: Sarah Hastings is a mother and writer. She is a classically trained pianist and spent many years as a private piano instructor. Sarah, her husband Paul, and their 3 children live near Austin, Texas. She enjoys reading and good music.
Editor: Zach Fowler is an award-winning media producer and film editor. He, his wife Savannah, and their children live near Nashville, Tennessee. His work has been featured by Microsoft, Intel, CBS, the Outdoor Channel, Compassion International, Chick-fil-A, for KING & COUNTRY, and Kingdom Story Company.
Production Intern: Ethan Adams is a high school sophomore and native Texan who lives with his parents, his dog, and ten siblings. He enjoys cartooning, running, and red pepper pasta. Ethan runs the sound board at his church and edits and publishes their weekly sermons.
Logo Design: Josiah Jost is an award-winning logo designer with clients in over 45 different countries. He, his wife Audrey, and their children live in southern Alberta, Canada. Notable clients include The History Channel, United States Army, Les Stroud (Survivorman), Tyroo (Yahoo!), and ThredUp.
Website: Ben Billups is a digital marketer, media developer, and amateur philosopher. He is the Chief Marketing Officer of Unbound, a student life and college education auxiliary for Christian students. Ben is an obsessive learner, a native Texan, an award-winning filmmaker, and an active competitor in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He lives in Central Texas.
Resources for Aspiring Podcast Creators
Wonder what tools we use to make Compelled? Here’s a complete list of our podcast tools and tips.
Want to support our work financially? You can make a donation here.
Have questions? Let us know!